Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My Story

I found out I was pregnant with twins on June 28, 2007. Yes, it is shocking (I get asked that a LOT)! During my 16 week level 2 ultrasound I found out it was boys. My husband & I were ecstatic. He was happy he never had to play with Barbie dolls (hopefully), I was happy that some day I could kick all the men out of the house and have a 'me' day.

The pregnancy was not smooth by any means. I went into pre-term labor at 28 weeks and had to go on complete bed rest. Not as fun as it sounds! I made it to 34 weeks (a huge milestone for me) and the doctors said I could start moving around a little more. So my mom finally set a date for my baby shower.

The baby shower was about 2 hours away from my house (how is it the pregnant lady has to travel for everyone else??). On the drive home from the shower, I started feeling a lot of pressure. I thought it was just from being more active after laying in bed for 6 weeks. So I got home and started organizing some of the gifts and it started getting worse. I went and laid down in bed and I suddenly felt a gush. So I ran to the toilet thinking...maybe I peed a little. Then I had a bigger gush. I yelled for my husband and told him and he replied with 'maybe you just peed and didn't realize you had to'. I immediately called my mom since my husband was clueless and she has done this twice, and she confirmed it was my water breaking.

I showered really quickly, grabbed my bag and off we went. I started getting pretty strong contractions on the way. When the checked me I was 3 cm dilated. Soon after that I got an epidural...whoever invented that is a complete genious in my book (had to be a woman lol). About 13 hours later I delivered Kameron who was 4 lbs 8 oz. About 50 minutes later I delivered Blake who was 3 lbs 15 oz. Thank God I had a relatively easy labor and they were both delivered natural.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes

A good neighbor will babysit. A great neighbor will babysit twins.
 

Life with Twins! | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates