Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Questions from Newbies with Newborns

Biggest questions I get from new moms with twins or expecting twins are-

How do you feed them at the same time?
Answer: you just do it! I did not breastfeed because apparently I am not that coordinated. I took a shortcut and pumped. When I heard the first baby start to stir, I would get up and start warming the bottles. I had these little propped feeding beds I set them in, and I put them on my bed on each side of my legs (I don't think this is possible with anything other than a King bed if you have your lazy husband sleeping next to you), and fed them. Just a little hint...I wouldn't change the diapers until after you've fed them because that is when they usually decide to load a diaper.

How do you go shopping alone?
Answer: you don't! I know lots of moms with multiples that would put their babies in a stroller and pull a cart behind them. It just is not worth the trouble. Between trying to get around people in the store and praying that your babies don't flip out for some reason (because you have no hands left!) it is not worth the stress and aggravation. Wait until someone can go with you or someone can watch the babies. Or you can do what I did, make a list and make your husband go.

How do you sleep?
Answer: again, you don't! Everyone you know will tell you 'sleep when the babies sleep'...but most chances are these are not people that were taking care of two babies at one time! No offense but they are clueless! When your babies are sleeping during the day, you are cleaning bottles, doing laundry, trying to take a much needed shower, etc. You just have to get by until they are sleeping a little longer. If you are lucky enough, your husband can take a night shift (I sadly was not lucky enough lol).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes

A good neighbor will babysit. A great neighbor will babysit twins.
 

Life with Twins! | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates