Friday, August 21, 2009

Running on E


Last Tuesday I started coming down with a cold. You know, feels like you got hit by a bus type of cold. Whatever, no biggie I'm a big girl and can handle the world! Then a wicked cough started setting in - again no biggie, I can handle the world with no sleep from being up all night coughing! Well by Saturday I was running on E. My throat was extremely tight and then the nausea started. You would think 5 days later the cold would be getting better not worse. So I threw the towel in and went to an urgicare. By this point I was doing all I could to not puke in the waiting room. Saw a doctor told him all my symptoms. They did a chest x-ray to rule out pneumonia and stuck the long q-tip down my throat until I really almost puked on the nurse. I was given an antibiotic for possible strep (couldn't get the results that day) and was told I was probably nauseous from a post-nasal drip. Ummm...I'm no doctor but I don't think its from a post-nasal drip. So I'm sent home with some Robitussin with Codeine and an antibiotic. We didn't even pull out of the parking lot before I puked. I got home, puked some more and layed in bed all day feeling like I was dying. I am not kidding when I say giving birth to twins, naturally no less, was easier than the feeling I had on this day. Finally at around 8:00 pm (after puking all day and not being able to eat or drink) I went to the ER. They gave me 2 iv bags of saline for severe dehydration and some anti-nausea medication. This worked similar to an epidural...I felt like a new person after it.
Well, of course since I was out of commission the entire day, D had to watch the boys. Now I remind you they are over 18 months now. He has never in their entire lives watched them a full day. The day proved how men are clueless with schedules, routines, and chores. I didn't pay much attention to what he was doing all day (again, I thought I was dying) but I do remember he was giving them a snack at quarter to five (should have been at 3:00 pm) and even tried laying them down for a nap afterwords because he 'needed a rest'. Haha! Sorry dude, but they are down to one nap a day...too bad for you! He loaded the dishwasher with dirty dishes and assumes he has completed all the chores for the day (meanwhile the laundry basked is overflowing on the floor).
When he gets home from work everyday at 5:00 pm and I tell him to watch the boys because I need a break his reaction is 'from what, it's not that hard'. So after he reflects from an entire day with the boys, he decides I need more help. So he says from now on he will feed the boys dinner so I can eat one meal in peace. Ummm....almost 2 weeks later, still hasn't happened. Surprised - NO!

2 comments:

2Wired2Tired said...

Wow, sounds like you had an awful bug. Hopefully, you have since recovered. I know sometimes it takes ages to get over something that bad.

I do have to agree that dads definitely do things their own way. Just this past Saturday, my husband had the kids all day and when I checked in at 6 pm to see how it was going, he was just putting our two toddlers down for their only nap of the day. I thought he was crazy that he couldn't just keep the kids up for another two hours until their normal bedtime at 8 pm.

Dads are funny guys.

Jodi said...

I have recovered although I think it will take me a month to catch up on some zzzzz's!

Post a Comment

Quotes

A good neighbor will babysit. A great neighbor will babysit twins.
 

Life with Twins! | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates