Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Traveling - Ugh!


So this weekend we are traveling with the boys to our hometown about 2 hours away...and I am dreading it worse than if I had to go to the dentist for 10 cavities. We are throwing a surprise 50th birthday party for my mother-in-law. We will be there Friday - Sunday. We always stay at my parents house (they live in the same town) and have all the necessities (pack-n-plays, etc) there. Well my parents are away for the weekend so we will be staying in their house alone - with no help. It is only Tuesday and already I am having trouble sleeping & completely stressing over this trip. Am I the only parent with twins that dreads traveling???
The worst part for me is putting the boys down for a nap or bed. We have two pack-n-plays set up in one room (at home they are in separate rooms) and we also sleep in that room. I don't know if it is because it is an unfamiliar room or what, but when we leave the room they scream. To make matters worse, they keep each other up crying. It breaks my heart to listen to it. At home, we put them in their cribs and they go to sleep, no crying.

We had the same issue when we went on vacation in April. We all had to share a room and they would scream when we left. They were both miserable the whole vacation because they were so overtired.

I am not looking forward to this, to say the least. I love going home to see all of our family (his grandma, my grandparents, my sister & nieces, our parents), but we hardly ever go because it is so stressful on me. I cannot wait until they are old enough to be excited about going to sleep over at Grandma & Grandpa's.

It's also hard for me because I feel like I am completely overwhelmed away from home with them. Nowhere we go is baby proofed like at home so I have to chase them around everywhere. Feeding them is a whole-nether story.

Well this will be the first time we put them in separate rooms at my parents. We will see how that goes. Someone please tell me traveling with twins gets easier???? Any advice on the sleeping situation??

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes

A good neighbor will babysit. A great neighbor will babysit twins.
 

Life with Twins! | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates